Natural Scratch™ 24″ Cedar Scratching Post
$54.95 (shipping included)
Natural Scratch white cedar is the original cat scratching post that I developed more than 25 years ago. Many thousands have been sold, and I am happy they have pleased cats and people and saved claws and other fine things. Although the materials used for Natural Scratch products appeal to cats, our feline friends have minds of their own and often require training. Click for more information on the easy-to-use training booklet that comes with every Natural Scratch cat scratching post. Shipping cost included.
Our 24″ cedar post, made from a cedar 4″ by 4″—is designed for people with limited space. The X-shaped base has an effective footprint 19″ by 19″ that provides a stable foundation and hard-to-tip-or-tilt post. These posts are made from Northern Wisconsin, rough-sawn, solid white cedar 4″ by 4″s that have coarse but soft textures cats like to dig their claws into. The rough-side-up, red cedar X-style base is equivalent to a solid, 19″ square—large enough to provide a stable foundation for aggressive clawing by all cats, even large Maine Coons. (Wobbly posts are a feline turn-off!) Soft, but rough surfaces invite clawing vertically and horizontally. Features such as the bungee-cord Antenna and 1.5″-diameter Mouse Hole help people interest their cats in the post and get them clawing where they should. The free, easy-to-read-and-use booklet Training Your Cat To Claw Natural Scratch teaches customers how to train cats to claw Natural Scratch exclusively and includes tips on how to discourage inappropriate scratching. Solid cedar materials last many years; over time, providing a hard, satisfying claw surface that cats whittle into a sculpture.
NOTE: “Seconds” now available at $44.95 each for a limited time. Seconds are 24″ cedar posts that have blemishes, voids, and other “appearance” defects. Your cat won’t care; you’ll save $10.00 and help us use the resource more responsibly. If you want a second, please send a $44.95 PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your shipping address and e-mail address.
- Natural Scratch is made the way cats like it, as natural as possible and includes a rough-sawn, untreated, and unkilned solid 4” x 4” northern white cedar cat scratching post.
- Large, solid cedar bases with half-notch, dado-cut pieces fit together easily and solidly for stability. Base pieces are 3/4″ deep, 4.5″ wide, and 32″ long, giving Natural Scratch an effective footprint 22″ square. Two screws hold the post solidly to the base.
- The Antenna is a stretchy bungee-cord string toy that cats love. When you scratch the Antenna in the Mouse Hole, cats go wild trying to get at it and this helps get them clawing Natural Scratch.
- Solid white cedar
- 4″ x 4″ post
- 18″ x 18″ footprint red cedar base
- Bungee cord toy to encourage good clawing behaviors
- Reward nest for treats and catnip
- Training Your Cat to Claw booklet – everything you need to know to efficiently train your cat
To buy direct, visit your PayPal account and send a payment of $54.95 to email@example.com; be sure to specify the product you want and include your shipping address and an e-mail address.
To order with a credit card, please click on the button below to purchase at Amazon.