Natural Scratch™ 32″ Cedar Cat Scratching Post
$59.95 (shipping included)
Natural Scratch white cedar is the original cat scratching post that I developed more than 25 years ago. Many thousands have been sold, and I am happy they have pleased cats and people and saved claws and other fine things. Although the materials used for Natural Scratch products appeal to cats, our feline friends have minds of their own and often require training. Click for more information on the easy-to-use training booklet that comes with every Natural Scratch cat scratching post. Shipping Cost included.
To buy direct, visit your PayPal account and send a payment of $59.95 to firstname.lastname@example.org; be sure to specify the product you want and include your shipping address and an e-mail address.
To order with a credit card, please click on the button below to purchase at Amazon.
NOTE: “Seconds” now available at $49.95 each for a limited time. Seconds are 32″ cedar posts that have blemishes, voids, and other “appearance” defects. Your cat won’t care; you’ll save $10.00 and help us use the resource more responsibly. If you want a second, please send a $49.95 PayPal payment to email@example.com. Be sure to include your shipping address and e-mail address.
The tall, 32″ white cedar post offers stretching opportunities for your cat while the X-shaped base provides a 24″ square footprint for a stable foundation. Posts are made from rough-sawn, solid white cedar 4″ by 4″s that have coarse but soft textures cats like to dig their claws into. The rough-side- up, red cedar, X-style base is also suitable for clawing and makes the post hard to tip or tilt—suitable for aggressive clawing by all cats, even Maine Coons. (Wobbly posts are a feline turn-off!) Features such as the bungee-cord Antenna and 1.5″-diameter Mouse Hole help people interest their cats in Natural Scratch and get them clawing where they should. The easy-to-read-and- use booklet Training Your Cat To Claw Natural Scratch teaches customers how to train cats to claw Natural Scratch exclusively; tips on discouraging inappropriate scratching are also included. Cats whittle the soft cedar into a sculpture.
- Natural Scratch is made the way cats like it, as natural as possible and includes a rough-sawn, untreated, and unkilned solid 4” x 4” northern white cedar cat scratching post.
- Large, solid cedar bases with half-notch, dado-cut pieces fit together easily and solidly for stability. Base pieces are 3/4″ deep, 4.5″ wide, and 32″ long, giving Natural Scratch an effective footprint 22″ square. Two screws hold the post solidly to the base.
- The Antenna is a stretchy bungee-cord string toy that cats love. When you scratch the Antenna in the Mouse Hole, cats go wild trying to get at it and this helps get them clawing Natural Scratch.
- Natural white cedar 4″ x 4″ x 32″ solid post
- Large and stable rough red cedar base that may be clawed horizontally
- Bungee cord toy to encourage clawing during training
- 1.5″ diameter Mouse Hole for treats and catnip
- Includes Training Your Cat to Claw – an easy-to- use, effective training method